Question
Posted by: Lina | 2006/11/06

What Can You Do?

My boyfriend has got two phones. On Saturday as he was going he forgot to carry one of his phones and phoned to find out if it was on the table and when I checked I told him that it was there. Out of curiosity, I started going throu his messages and found one message obviously from a woman who was complaining to him that after and I quote 'f***ing her, he went and picked up another girl from the roadside and then switched off his phone'. According to the message, obviously this thing happened on Thursday, and this person sent this message the same day on Thursday and I only saw it on Saturday.

I phoned the same number using a different phone and I told her that I saw her message and I told her that I was also his girlfriend and that we could get together and find out what we could do about this man and after talking to her she opened up and told me that they have been seeing each other for the past 3 months but of late he had not been consistent in his visits etc.

When my boyfriend cam back, I asked him about it, and he denied having had known who the woman was and that maybe somebody had sent that message in error. After his explanations, I told that I had already spoken to this woman and she told me everything about their affair, that is when he admitted that he was having an affair. I told him that with me its over and I have not seen him since Saturday, am not taking his calls and am not even available at hom becoz I have gone to my sister's place.

What can you do, please help. We have been together for 2 yrs now. Am independent and can manage without him but its really hurting me to just think of this thing happening. I loved and trusted him very much.

Good riddance --- well done for dumping a promiscuous and dishonest man who endangered your life with his promiscuity ( do remember to go for HIV testing !). Remember who is is that you have now lost --- NOT the nice man you believed him to be, but a selfish and irresponsible guy who was happy to risk your life for the sake of his own pleasures.

5
Posted by: Echelle | 2006/11/06

Yes it sure helps to talk about things! There's lots of beautiful fishes in the sea!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: Lina | 2006/11/06

Thanks all of you for your encouragement. You know, sometimes one can know what to do and have answer but wants to hear other views from pipo who have gone through such situations or have expereinced it. Thank you so much. It helps to tok about something, I even feel lighter now.

Reply to Lina
Posted by: Echelle | 2006/11/06

Time heals everything! Once a cheater always a cheater! You deserve better.

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: Levi | 2006/11/06

Hey Lina, like Clueless said, well handled and I couldn't agree more with her advice. No-one can take the hurt away, and there is no specific time frame that it stays for....it differs from person to person. So YES it is gonna hurt like hell BUT it will get better. So keep your head up, spend time with yourself, with friends and with family....this guy is NOT WORTH a second chance, good luck :-)

Reply to Levi
Posted by: Clueless. | 2006/11/06

Firstly, well handled. . . so far. Secondly, you must move on, hard as it seem, it's the only thing to do. Going back will be like telling him it's ok to screw around. You can't be so daft as to see the person he really is! Why would you let yourself be with someone like that? Have a little pride woman!

Reply to Clueless.