Question
Posted by: VIRUS? | 2005/12/07

WHAT CAN THIS BE DOC?

Dear Doc

Off and on since Sept I have had a raspy voice, then it became a sore throat with slight fever, headache, lethargy, odd fever blisters, sore glands in neck. I have been treated for bacterial infec (antibiotics), coloc (reflux), locabiotol (viral) but no go. Doc took blood and my full blood count was normal + negative for glandular fever which I've had before. I do have allergic asthma and am wondering if it could be allergy. I have booked to see an ENT but that is only in few weeks time. Question is what could it be that wouldn't show up in a blood test? Doc said its probably a virus, but seriously what virus and how long before it does a disappearing act? I am dog tired and stressed but am going on leave shortly for 2 weeks.

Dear Virus?,
It could have an allergic origin. If you have a chronic sinusitis with a post nasal drip this could re-infect your throat all the time. The ENT will probably send you for sinus x/rays or a sinus scan and take a swab of your throat to see what grows there. Your immunity may also be low due to the stress and tiredness. Try using an immunobooster like ViralchoiceC, rinse your nose with saltwater ( 1 glass lukewarm water with 1/2 teaspoon salt ) - sniff it up and blow it out, to get rid of excess mucus and hang in there until the specialist sees you.