Question
Posted by: Confused | 2008/02/04

What can be wrong?

I have been to my Gynae on CD 28 and everything looked fine.
I'm now on CD 56!!!! I have not started to menstruate yet!
I have done a HPT 2 weeks ago and 1 week ago. Both was neg.

What can be wrong?

Dear Confused
In the absence of a pregnancy the most likely cause for this type of situation is what we would describe as a persistent ovarian cyst in particular, a corpus luteum cyst. However, other possibilities may also need to be considered such as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) as well as thyroid and prolactin imbalance. The problem is best resolved by doing a pelvic ultrasound scan together with a hormone profile and to treat according to the findings of these tests.