Question
Posted by: Vincent | 2004/10/19

What are the Negatives of Human Growth Hormone treatment?

Dear CyberDoc

The subject came up at my gym and I would like some clarity on the issue.

Last night I did some research on the net and the only articles I came across where of the good HGH does in people with some defect to there body that they should use hormone therapy to correct these defects.

Some American medical pages indicated that it is a possible cure for aging, but nothing that I found showed the negatives or side effects nor spoke about the effect HGH would have on a healthy “normal” person.

I know Keratin is bad for the heart as this also builds the heart muscles and decreases heart capacity, would HGH do the same?

Thanks, Vincent

Vincent, the problem it that it can cause bone enlargement (oversize jaw, hands, etc), diabetes, hypertension, enlargement of the heart (without an increase in performance) and metabolic disturbances. The use of HGH is relatively safe if it is monitored closely but this makes it a very expensive thing to do properly. HGH costs about? R2500 pm and monitoring it costs just as much. This makes it a very expensive drug to use just to get some extra muscles and monitoring doesn’t guarantee that there won’t be any problems. Good luck.