Question
Posted by: Zat | 2008/01/24

What are the Flagyl side-effects

Good day...
I'm quite a special case... I have irregular periods, my last normal period was in August 2007. I'm not using contraceptives (last used in 2001) but careful. On Friday (18.01.2008), I started bleeding but it was different more like 2 drops a day. It was more like a bloody discharge. It had stopped on Saturday and Sunday, but came back on Monday. The boyfriend who occasionally helps out the brother's pharmacy suggested I take flagyls.
I took them last night, 5 immediately and then 1 three times a day. There's been 1 "drop" so far, I am bloated, I have a headache, my back is aching, I'm nauseous, dizzy, boobs are tender and the lower abdominal area is also tender and a bit sore when I press it. And my taste buds are malfunctioning... Is this normal? or could there be something else wrong with me?

Flagyl is an amtibiotic, so I am not sure why you are using it for period problems. Side effects include nausea and a strange taste.