Question
Posted by: Riot | 2006/04/11

What are the chances of pregnancy.

I'm writing this on behalf of a friend, because she asked me something & i didn't know the answer as I am still a virgin myself. On Saturday C (17) lost her virginity. She says that she didn't use protection. She's worried now because even though he didn't ejaculate, there's still a chance she could be pregnant, right? Please tell me what the chances of pregnancy is. Also how soon can she take a pregnancy test.

Many Thanks

She can use emergency contraception for up to 72 hours, this is available from a Chemist and is called Norlevo, or she can have a loop fitted before 5 days. These are emergency measures but it can prevent a pregnancy.

See the website www.safersex.co.za for more info

E Mc

3
Posted by: B | 2006/04/11

There are morning after pills that can be taken up to 72 hours after having unprotected sex... If my calculations are right, there should still be time for your friend to obtain these from a pharmacy.

Reply to B
Posted by: SP™ | 2006/04/11

yes, there is a pre cum and it can make you pregnant. she can have a blood test or take a pregnancy test 5 days after she has missed her period.

at her age she should be aware of STD's HIV & unwanted pregnancy. I Thought love ife is educating our teens.

Reply to SP™
Posted by: Pebbles | 2006/04/11

Yes she can. Before ejaculation there is a loss of some seminal fluid that contains sperm. Please ensure she visits a professional for birth control and safe sexual practises.

Reply to Pebbles