Question
Posted by: Max | 2007/08/24

What are the chances?

It seems so pathetic to ask as i know I should probably just wait until the 1st day after my missed period but i'm growing anxious. I am also not sure if i could have done more to improve our chances. Since i have been on the pill up until May/June, I wasn't sure what the duration was of my regular cycle. I therefore bought a home ovulation kit just to make 100% sure. We tried for 3 days before ovulation, on the day the test predicted i was ovulating and 3 days afterwards. The dates are as follows: Started my period on the 31st of July. The test showed that I was ovulating on the 16th of August. Is it too soon to take a home pregnancy test now or is it best to wait? I am dying to take the test but I'm worried that it won't show yet and I will be disappointed.

Dear Max

The home pregnancy test should just become positive at this stage and perhaps it is worth considering. Alternately a blood pregnancy test would certainly clarify the situation, as this is far more accurate than the home pregnancy urine test.

3
Posted by: Nix | 2007/08/30

Congrats, let me know what the blood test says.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Max | 2007/08/29

I did a pregnancy test this morning. It had 2 lines although the one was visible but quite faint. The pamphlet said that if there is a second line visible but faint, it is still positive. I'm going for a blood test this afternoon. I don't know how I am going to get through this day! Hold thumbs!

Reply to Max
Posted by: Nix | 2007/08/27

the chances are good. i did the same and showed ovulation on the 10 -11 august. i'm now waiting to see if my period arrives, not sure if i'm late already... 16 days after ovulation now.

Reply to Nix