Question
Posted by: Lizzy | 2006/03/31

What Are The Chances?

Hello Doctor

Please could you put my mind at rest.

I have been on the pill for years now, and I can be a bit forgetful but in general I am pretty good with is.

Lately however (and this has been the last few months) I am contantly tired. I could sleep all day, by the afternoon, I am exhausetd. I have had terrible acne breakouts and my skin is not right. My moods are going crazy and I am constantly crying and then angry and then crying. In short, I have turned from a stable 20 something to a crazy teenager.

My periods have been regular with my cycle but have changed to start two days later than what they normally would, ie only on the last "inactive" pill will it start.

I am going to my doctor tomorrow and I do not know exactly what to say without him thinking I am going insane.

Tell him all this and you may well need to change pills.

1
Posted by: N | 2006/03/31

The symptoms could be related to a number of things, not necesarilly anything to do with your hormones or the pill. Your doctor will nót think you are crazy!
I had the severe mood swings and constant tiredness, as well as hair-loss, diarrhea, and weight-loss, and it turned out to be an overactive thyroid. That's what doctors are there for - to figure out what's wrong! Don't be embarrased to mention all your symptoms, as it will just make the doc's job easier to diagnose the problem.
Good luck to you!

Reply to N