Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2005/12/01

What am I to do?

My husband had "Unprotected Sex" with another guy. We are back together. This was about 2 wks ago. He has had an HIV test at his GP which was negative. What I am concerned about is intimacy between us. I need to know how safe is condoms. I am suffering from an auto immune disorder and therefore my immune system is not very strong. He made the stuff up and I am prepared to forgive him on my terms but definatly not prepared to gamble with my health and life, I have a child to think of aswell.

Please let me have your comments/advise

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Concerned!

This sounds like a truly shattering experience you are going through. Question: How ready do you feel to be intimate with your husband anyway? After two weeks?

At any rate, he should be tested at least three months after the risk incident before you can consider unprotected sex with him.

Also, consider going for counselling. My bet is that both of you have a whole lot of emotions to deal with at this stage and some help might well make the difference in your relationship.

Keep strong!
Laurent

1
Posted by: Fellow concerned | 2005/12/01

Wait for 6 more months and get him tested again before any unprotected sexual encounter. Please take care of yourself.

Reply to Fellow concerned