Question
Posted by: jackal | 2007/07/14

What am I : G/S ?

No subjective opinions please.
Normally, stuff doesn't bother me. I don't get upset. I do lots of sport and I keep myself motivated, Nothing odd.
But.. there are 2 questions that seems to be bothering me and 1 of them has grown by at least 50% in the last 30 days.
The question is: Am I gay or am I straight. I have a gay relationship for 1.5 years so I seem to be good at that. But then again.. I can't picture myself live happily ever after with a guy. I can however picture myself easily living happily ever after with a girl. I like girls and have nothing against them.
How should I go and determine what am I?

The next question is:
I worked at a company as an intern in the hope that I would get a permanent position. Unfortunately the company is getting heavy pressure for BEE so they could not appoint me. However, I love the people there. It was the FIRST company I could not wait to get to work every day. Even though there are 3000 people in the building.. it was the best 6 months of my life. I now work at a new company and although the people are great.. they are not the same as the previous company. I miss that culture, the people, the motivation, the innovation, the socials. How do I handle this?

Thanks for reading.. all ideas are welcome.

Thanks :)

When you think about it, opinions are ALWAYS subjective -- what else can they be ? But they can be intended to be helpful, or not.
OK, first question. The alternatives aren't red or green, straight or gay. Many people are to varying degrees bisexual. There's no litmus test to decide, though maybe a psychologist could help to clarify these issues with you.
Second question. Unfortunatekly, it does happen. You were lucky that your first work experience was so positive and so enjoyable --- many workers haven't found such a niche yet, in years. Enjoy what you gained and learned from the experience, but try to avoid comparing every later job with the first one, and finding fault with it, rather than finding what else might be good about the new company and the new post. Otherwise it's like keeping such fond memories of your first emotional affair, that you reject all other relationships simply because they're not the same

1
Posted by: jackal | 2007/07/15

Hi CS,

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Regards,
Jackal

Reply to jackal