Question
Posted by: Confused | 2004/12/11

What am i doing?????

My life is a real mess.

I am 24 and it feels like i should be a lot older. I have a good job, friends and family that loves me, but I am lonely. my las boyfriend realy threw me for a loop. I think I love him, but when I am with him, or I talk to him, he really irratates me and I can't wait to get away from him. I am so angry with him, and with myself.

All my past relationships have gone bad and I never truley felt loved, secure or safe. Sometimes i wonder if it would not be better to leave all this behind, (either by ending it all or by just leaving and starting over at a new place) but would that be the answer that i am looking for?

This past year have been really bad, I had a very bad patch with my parents and I had to do some things that i am not really proud of.

My biggest q to myself is: What am I doing???

Sometimes one has simply had bad luck, and hasn't yet found a relationship with a truly loving person. Sometimes, either spontaneously, or because of prior bad experiences, one is either not fully able to recognize, respond to or appreciate love when it turns up, or sometimes one's expectations are unduly high --- one is demanding an undue amount or intensity of affirmation and security, more than most folks could or would be prepared to give you. Counselling is the ideal setting within which to explore issues like this, and to understand them better, and plan and work towards solutions. THAT's where you could most profitably get to understand what you're doing, and what you would better be doing, to be happier. And that could set you freer right here and now, rather than a geographic move, where the first thing you unpack is enerally your problems