Posted by: Melbalina | 2008/10/21

What Age To Deworm and Deflea a Puppy?

Hi all! My neighbours (the ones with the puppies) asked me how old can they be before they give them deworming tablets. They are just over 5 weeks old now. She also asked if she can put defleaing powder on them now. Any advice please? Thanks!

Dear Melbalina

Pups can be dewormed from 2 weeks of age and you can use the frontline spray from a few days old.

Posted by: Y | 2008/10/27

Re the vaccinations - and every month after six weeks for about three or four months. The vet wil usually tell you after each vaccination when to come in again. Last follow-up vaccination is a year after the series that the puppy get in the first year.

Reply to Y
Posted by: Melbalina | 2008/10/22

Thank you to the vet and Chill for your constructive advice. I will relay the information.

Reply to Melbalina
Posted by: Chill | 2008/10/21

The first vaccinations must happen before the pups are sent to their new homes, usually by 6 weeks.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Boerboel Owner | 2008/10/21

Try your local vet he/she should know don`t you think?

Reply to Boerboel Owner
Posted by: Melbalina | 2008/10/21

I forgot to add - at what age should they be vaccinated please? Thanks!

Reply to Melbalina