Question
Posted by: STEP MOM | 2007/04/03

What a day!!!!!!!!!!!

CS I just wanted to day thanks again for the advice regarding step children. Yesterday I had an awesome day (first day of the holidays) with my 2 girls, step daughter and daughter. We spent the day at home just pottering around, doing some chores, baking cookies, chatting, listening to music etc. We even discussed my husband and what all 3 of us can do to show him we appreciate him, this involved my step daughter as well. By making it something all 3 of us can do it brought her into the picture and I was able to talk about how we all need to appreciate him and how hard he works and that sometimes he just needs some love and appreciation from us. My step daughter was the first to make some suggestions and I was really proud of her. So rather than having her lack of interest in her dad irritate me I turned it around to involve her and to show her how important she is to him and us. Just giving her the opportunity to chat turned the whole thing around and I think she really does want to show her dad that she appreciates him now.
It bolied down to involving her more, giving her respect and love and making her feel important. All in all a little extra love goes a long way sometime in turning things around to the positive. We had a truly great day!!

Ah, the joys of pottering ! Not to be under-rated ! I must try to learn how to bake cookies.
Hearty congraulations to you all --- a perfect example of how it should be done, and encouraging to all of us !

6
Posted by: STEP MOM | 2007/04/03

Wow thanks CS and everyone else for the positive comments, this is so encouraging.
Today we are going to bake a chocolate cake together!
Best of all I am loving it and so are the girls!!!!

Reply to STEP MOM
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/04/03

Now that is how it should be done!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: Ness | 2007/04/03

Well Done! I'm very proud of you

Reply to Ness
Posted by: RMC | 2007/04/03

Gr8!

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Gracie | 2007/04/03

You did a very good thing by taking this step to rectify and/or improve the situation at home. There will probably still be some days when you feel you want to throttle the lot of them, but try to be patient - remember that it will all work out well in the end. It's just as difficult for her to adjust to you and your kids as it is for you to adjust to her. Good luck, I hope it stays this way.

Reply to Gracie
Posted by: Annie | 2007/04/03

I am so glad ,and well done .Hope you have many more wonderful days

Reply to Annie