Question
Posted by: suzie | 2008/05/20

what?

I have had a ringing in my ears for the last 4 weeks now. As soon as i go to bed, all noise off, the hissing is so bad, that I cant even hear the dogs bark outside.
What can this be...? I dont have earpain or anything..

Dear Suzie
this is called tinnitus and can be due to stress, calcification of the bones in the ear, injury, if you gnash your teeth, ear infections, high blood pressure, thyroid problems etc. Please let your doctor do a thorough examination. There are medications he can prescribe to help. It may help to put on a radio very softly next to your bed, as background noise tends to mask the irritating noise you hear.