Question
Posted by: Nini | 2005/07/08

What?

is there any way the following symptoms could indicate injury to either my back/neck, did have a minor car accident 12 yrs ago, now 32 yrs old female. One xray after the accident showed nothing serious cant remember but was just told to go to a physio for some exercises which i did do and nothing further advised:

Left hand middle and index fingers completely numb/dead, lack of strength in the hand when squeezing a cloth, numbness goes into top part of hand below the bottom of the fingers slighgtly. It is not carpal tunnel syndrome, the nerve conduction test shows damage go the median nerve closer to the elbow. This started 4 wks ago, no relief yet, started maybe 3 months prior with this hand going dead in my sleep but now this permanent numbness, could it at all be related to the injury or from neck/back before i waste my time and money running off to various doctors...

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Your symptoms are indeed indicative of a possible neck injury. A visit to a chiropractor should indicate the source and extent of the problem.