Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2007/11/29

Wetting the bed

Hi all<br><br>I am really troubled about what going on with me. For the last 3 days I have been wetting my bed. Well its almost like I am dreaming and then I pee but I will wake up immediately and rush to the bathroom. And the worst part is I am 29 years old.<br>I mean I have a 3 year old who sometimes wets his bed. Last night I woke up again and thank god I managed to put a towel so that my husband wouldnt notice.<br><br>What could be happening to me. I am scared as hell.

You'd best ask this of Cyberdoc, and perhaps the gynaedoc as well, as the problem is probably within their territory. Sometimes a relatively rapid change in the direction of bed wetting and urgency is related to either a change in the chemical nature of yje urine or a mild urinary infection, each making it more irritating. Antibiotics is there's an infection, or a urinary alkalinizer if its been getting a bit acid, can help. And as John says, reducing your fluid intake before sleep can also help. But ask Cyberdoc and Gynaedoc. And the incontinence forum too, of course.

5
Posted by: me | 2007/11/29

Kelly, has anything significant happened in your life, like stress, trauma, memories from the past, etc. accident, are you worried about something....there may be a lot of underlying causes.

Extreme stress can also cause this.

Reply to me
Posted by: Kelly | 2007/11/29

Thank you guys so much. Now I must get the courage of telling my husband before he notices.

I also have to rush home and put the linen in the washer.

But why is this happening now?

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Hope* | 2007/11/29

Forgot to mention, there is an incontinence forum on H24.

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: Hope* | 2007/11/29

HI Kelly, there is medication you can take for this problem, but you'd have to consult a urologist. There are a few different forms of incontinence sometimes even brought on by childbirth or abdominal surgery. John also mentions liquid intake, if you try and stop drinking anything from 4pm onwards it could be helpful. Don't be shy to see your Doc about this, these problems are not as uncommon as one might think.

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: John | 2007/11/29

Adult incontinence is almost always (?) medical. Do a google search as there is a wealth of info out there, even some diagnostic quizzes (don't know how accurate these are).

On a more practical level, try watching your liquid intake a few hours before sleeping. A friend that suffers from this started out by setting an alarm for every 3 or 4 hours of sleep, wake-up, use the loo and sleep again. Now he does not use the alarm clock but rises on his own. Problem solved with minimal sleep interruption.

Reply to John