Question
Posted by: TANYA | 2007/04/02

WET FEET............WHY?

Hallo Doc, I seem to have a problem with sweaty feet. I never had this problem before. It only started a few months ago. The bottom of my feet get so sweaty, my feet slip out of my sandles. When I wear shoes with padded inners, they get so wet, if feels like I am standing in a puddle of water. I never before had smelly feet, now I do and it's embarrassing to me. A friend recommended that I rub the inner parts of my shoes with bicarbonate of soda, which help for a while with the smell, but only for a short time. Please advise me regarding this problem I have. I don't know where this problem comes from or why. Thank you.

Dear Tanya
Try Perspirex or Driclor on your feet, if you have very smelly feet, wash with antiseptic soap and use the topical antibiotics that you use for Acne like Eryderm on your feet to reduce the bacterial growth. Spray your shoes with surgical spirits and put in the sun, and use antibacterial powder in the shoes.