Question
Posted by: Soggy Sheets | 2003/01/31

Wet Dreams

doc you have still not answered my question. I want to know whether wet dreams are caused by actual touch of the penis/wanking or if it is a mental thing.

Wet dreams or nocturnal emissions happen to most young men.They are a function of a maturing male body. Your body produces sperm and semen continually till you are living. This cannot be stored for a long time in your body and therefore comes out either in the form of an ejaculation or a nocturnal emission. Nocturnal emissions are physiologically regulated and so are the erections that you experience while you are sleeping. Early morning erections are also a fairly common occurrence.

Nocturnal emissions are involuntary and happen while you are asleep. They may or may not be accompanied by sexual dreams. Sexual dreams are not nasty or bad in any way. Neither do they mean that you have a high sex drive. Many young men feel very embarrassed about nocturnal emissions and feel guilty about having sexual thoughts and dreams. These are a part of life and not something to be upset about.

Dreams are always related to the subconscious and you must remember that the subconscious operates according to its own rules and is not under your conscious control. You can stop neither your dreams nor the nocturnal emission. What might help for you is to masturbate before you go to sleep. This way you will ejaculate and later during the night there may be no or very little emission.

When you have sex (alone or with others) and ejaculate, semen is removed from your body so there is no need for your body to remove more through nocturnal emissions. And, in case you are wondering, all this removal of semen whether through nocturnal emissions, masturbation or intercourse, does not harm your body in any way. Remember, your body keeps producing semen everyday.

So, just relax . Your body is functioning the way it should and there is no need for you to worry about it.

Dr Elna Mcintosh

2
Posted by: PK | 2003/02/01

well she told u....just open ur eyes..no u dont masturbate!!!!

Reply to PK
Posted by: Soggy Sheets | 2003/01/31

Doc, I am not worried about it at all. You have answered about 10 questions none of which I asked. I only want to know, when you have a wet dream does it mean you have masturbated in your sleep or is it completely spontaneous?

Reply to Soggy Sheets