Question
Posted by: michelle | 2006/07/31

welts

I have this problem on my left hip. I got stretch marks from pregnancy but every two weeks or so i get these itchy, swollen bumps. only on the one side. If i take anti hestamine they go away for a week or so but return. i thought it was elastic i was allergic to but no or material of any kind but no they just pop up in all shapes and sizes and very itchy. what could it be and how do i get rid of it for good?

Expert ImageArchive

I am actually not sure what your problem is. I accept that the bumps arise only on the one side and that an antihistamine is helpful. It is possible that you are actually allergic to something that you apply to the area. Do you apply any cream/ointment/lotio in the area? If you do I suggest you stop. Pressure alone can also cause bumps. See your doctor if the problem is persistent.