Question
Posted by: STRAWBERRY | 2008/01/15

WELLBUTRIN

I HAVE BEEN PRESCRIBED WELLBUTRIN 20mg PER DAY
HOW DOES THIS AFFECT - WEIGHT CONTROL, LIBIDO AND SEX PERFORMANCE? I HAVE HEARD THAT IT CAUSES BINGE EATING AND IMPOTENCE - IS THIS TRUE?PLEASE ADVISE

OK, First, guys, NEVER EVER accept ANY prescription from ANY doc without asking such excellent questions before you pick up the script and leave. Then NEVER fill a prescription without asking the pharmacist similar questions. Thirdly, insist that the pharmacist give you the package insert which should summarize all such important information, and which ought to be provided with every filled prescription.
It does NOT cause binge eating at all. Where depression has reduced appetite, it might lead to an improvement in appetite, but you can control this. ALl antidepressants have the potential to cause some reduction in libido, but Wellbutrin could be a bit less likely to do so that other popular drugs. ALso, it helps people stop smoking, which could be handy, perhaps