Question
Posted by: Liza | 2004/11/04

Well well well

I saw on my statements from the clinic that my diagnosis has changed - from Major depressive disorder to Bipolar I. Still with the GAD. Not that I don't fully agree, but my psychiatrist could at least have told me. Plus, shouldn't my medical aid be notified that my chronic condition has been changed (since they already know about the meds). Today I have a cold. Allergies caused a post-nasal drip, which caused throat infection, and now my tummy is alll upset too. Will go to the doctor a little later. Crawling back in to bed now.

Cheers
Liza

Well, Liza, I agree, it's always important for a psychiatrist to discuss with anyone what their diagnosis is, and any changes that get made ( and their implications, if any ). Sometimes I gather some doctors may update a diagnosis so as to make it easier for you to obtain needed chronic meds from a medical aid. Sorry to hear about the nasty range of nose, throat and related miseries. Take care of yourself

1
Posted by: Lisp | 2004/11/04

Major depressive disorder is the same as Bipolar. Bipolar is just a medically more acceptable term and sounds better. A lot of stigma to the word "depressive"

Reply to Lisp