Question
Posted by: Babes | 2007/02/27

Well balanced diet

Dear Diet Doc

I've managed to loose 30 kgs over 6 months. used to weigh 90kg now i'm down to 60kg, trying to get to 55 kilos. Please give me an indication as to wether i am eating well balanced diet:
90 grams of Quinoa with rice milk and crushed seeds and nuts
freshly squeezed apple and carrot juice
small bunch of grapes, plum, pear, strawberries, blue berries, fresh prunes
lunch: green salad made of lettuce, cucumber, tomato, peppers (red and yellow). alternate between salmon, egg, chicken breast

I am excersizing 4 - 5 times a week , alternating between cardio and weights.

in the light of infomation given above, am i on the right track?

kind regards

Dear Babes
You are a bright shining ***star*** for having lost those 30 kg - what an achievement! Do you also eat supper? if not, try having a variation of lunch but include at least another portion of fat-free milk, yoghurt or cottage cheese - you need 1000 mg of calcium a day, and the present diet does not supply this. It may also be a good idea to take a complete vitamin and minerals supplement (Centrum or Supradyn Forte) plus calcium (Caltrate or Calcium Sandoz) now that you have been on this diet for 6 months. Your stunning results show that you MUST be on the right track.
Keep up the good work
Congrats once again