Question
Posted by: ethan | 2004/10/21

weird skin bacteria

I have a rather small problem which is really starting to bother me now. I seem to have some sort of skin infection or bacteria in my bellybutton. This part of my body seems constantly irritated and during the day produces a waxy substance - not unsimilar to ear wax - which smells absolutely dreadful.

At first I just kept cleaning the area with soap but it seems to be completely out of control. What can I do to stop this?

Ethan

Ethan, it sounds like an infection, but I’m just not sure whether it is a yeast or a bacterial infection. You can try a combination of Normospor® and Bactroban® three times a day for a week, but if it doesn’t clear up the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.