Question
Posted by: kerrys | 2005/11/21

Weird Sensation

Dear Cyberdoc - I have the stangest sensations every now and then - It feels as if there is lead running through my body - my arm s and legs feel heavy - I feel kind of weak and have to force myself tomove, the muscles in my face feel as though they have stopped working for example when this sensation occurs I cant swallow. I also get a tingling feeling in my fingers and sometimes my arm feels cold This is very scary and because I start panicking I bring on a anxiety attack. What is wrong it feels terrible. Could it be a symtom of hypothyroid?

Kerrys, it might be due to an under active thyroid, but it might also be due to other problems like low blood sugar, low blood pressure, a form of epilepsy, etc. The best would be to see your doctor and have him make sure that nothing serious is the matter. Good luck.