Question
Posted by: bibs | 2004/10/11

Weird

Doc

1. Could one take too much chromium supplementation i.e. what is the RDA or daily limit if taking to control sugar cravings and should you go above that, what symptoms could one possibly display? does chromium affect nerve function at all?
2. Is the pollen season worse this year than any other year perhaps? It seems to be affecting more people worse than ever this year and was wondering whether anyone knew about the pollen count currently?
3. Two weeks ago i woke with a numb feeling over my left half of my forehead over the eyelid and going into the scalp. The right hand side is fine. A week later my right shoulder has the same type of tingling numb sensation. If I wear anythign other than cotton it irritates the shoulder to hell, it feels scratchy and i have to put cotton on immediately. What could this be? surely an allergy to material would not only be in one spot of the body and also how would the forehead be explained, could an insect bite in these areas do this or any other allergic reaction cause numbness in such localised areas?

Anything serious to worry about?

Bibs,
1. The RDA of chromium is 200ìg/day. Taking more than that will not have a better effect and might cause problems like kidney problems.
2. No idea what the pollen count is at the moment, but hopefully things will improve as soon as it has rained.
3. It might be due to inflammation in or around a nerve, but I can say for sure without being able to examine you. You can try taking an anti-inflammatory like Voltaren® for a couple of days, but if it doesn’t improve the best would be to see your doctor.
Good luck.