Question
Posted by: failing | 2007/03/18

weigt loss

dear doc

ccan u pls tell me where im going wrong.
this is a typical day for me.
morn:1/2 cup bran flakes,skim milk and tea
lunch:2 slices seed loaf bread,fat free cottage cheese,tuna fish
supper:1/2 cup brown rice,mixed veges,lean chicken.
i exercise for an hour four times a week,(cardio)
drink 5to6 glasses of water.don't eat junk.
so why am i not losing weight.(115 tall,weigh59kg)

pls help :(

Dear Failing
If you are not losing weight on this low-energy diet and the regular exercise then it may be a good idea to have a medical checkup. Ask your dr to test your thyroid, insulin and female hormone levels to see if you suffer from an underactive thyroid, insulin resistance or polycystic ovarian syndrome. It would also be advisable to see a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), so that the dietitian can work out a balanced weight reduction diet for you.
Hang in there