Question
Posted by: Teddy | 2005/12/10

Weighty problem

Id like to know if fresh lemon jiuce some how aids in weight loss, as ive been drinking it because i like the taste with water, but ive also been continually losing weight...( not much, but i have been loseing)
have u got any tips for me, (im on androcur and the pill, which has slowed my metabolism right down)to lose weight faster, or something i can take to counteract these side effects?...
thanks

Dear Teddy
There is no scientific proof that drinking lemon juice will assist weight loss. Your slight weight loss may be due to the Androcur as male hormones tend to have a so-called anabolic effect. Depending on how much weight you need to lose you can try an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). The very best way of stimulating metabolism is to do regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 min a day. Rather leave slimming pills and potions alone.