Question
Posted by: Teddy | 2005/12/12

weighty problem #2

do u think Fluoxetine would help with my question in no.3156 about androcur?? plese reply...

Dear Teddy
It is possible that Fluoxetine may cause weight loss, but it is an antidepressant and you should not contemplate using it if you are not diagnosed as depressed. Also some medications that contain fluoxetine may cause weight gain and that would not be desirable. I think you seriously need to consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area.). You need the dietitian to sit down with you to take a dietary history to find out which products and approaches have or have not worked for you and to then devise a weight loss strategy which fits your individual needs.
Take care