Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2007/06/04

Weight Watchers while pregnant

I am 24 weeks pregnant, and due to medical reasons have to keep my weight constant now. I was overweight when I fell pregnant but gained 10kg so far and the gynae are a bit nervous that I will not carry the baby full term due to my HBP. I must now not gain much more. Will WW be okay to restrict weight gain.

Dear Sandy
According to a personal communication I received from WW "The membership of pregnant women is suspended till 2 weeks after birth." I would, therefore, urge you to consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will work out a balanced diet for you that not only helps you to restrict weight gain, but will also help for the high bp.
For your own sake and that of the baby, please do see a dietitian ASAP.
Wishing you a safe pregnancy and delivery

1
Posted by: pp | 2007/06/04

My daughter in law fell pregnant 9mths after her 2nd baby arrived. She was 10kg's over weight so was very worried about her weight. She went to weigh less and had her best prgnancy both health and weight wise. Her baby was over 3.5kgs and my daughter in law weighed less after delivery than when she joined weigh less. She continued whilst breast feeding,her baby is now 7mths and she is at her goal weight. So go on weigh less it works and you eat well and you won't regret it.

Reply to pp