Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/09/21

Weight Watchers

Hi dietdoc
I joined weight watchers 2 weeks ago and I must say they really opened my eyes - never knew you could eat so much but just the right foods!!!! The point system really makes a lot of sense to me. still hard for me to eat all my points but i just eat from the things that are good for you, upping my vegs and fruit.

i changed my contraceptive type cause I have had lots of bad pms which is also helping.

starting gymming again. swim twice a week and 3 times a week circuit and cardio.

my problem is that i dont like protein shakes and I dont like protein which foods can I add to up my protein intake...

My eating plan consist :
banana before gym
muesli lowfat milk after

11:00 2 fruits and yogurt

lunch : toasted wholewheat sarmi with ham cheese and tomato

Snack??? erm dont know yet?

Night time Lots of Vegs + Patato / Salad... I do add chicken in but that is the only protein I usually feel like.

Weight Watchers seem to be working I only lost 500g so far but due to the fact that I need to only lose 5kg to reach my goal of 47.5kg I am very positive.

My cholestrol also went down to 5.48.... its always above 6 so very happy about that.

I am just worried that starting out training that I will feel dead after the 2nd week? Any tips how to avoid this?

Dear Kasandra
I am glad that you are enjoying the Weight Watchers programme and that you are already achieving positive results, esp for the cholesterol. You are already eating protein - milk, yoghurt, cheese, ham and chicken are all good sources of high quality protein. If you feel tired when exercising then have an extra carbohydrate portion (check with your Weight Watchers counsellor) because the human body needs carbs to fuel strenuous exercise (not protein by the way).
Good luck with the programme