Question
Posted by: confused | 2004/01/09

weight training programme

weight training programme?

is it possible for me to email you my weight programme, i do not know if i am doing too much of each muscle group,which ones i can leave out etc.

i am 1.8m and weight 65kg. I do cardio and weight training. Would like to know which muscle groups i can do together if i would for instance want to do weight training only 3 times a week and then 2 times a week cardio.

I can't actually email you anything, but I can certainly send you to a website on the Health 24 site, where you can find one.

Here are two sites you can check out:

Go to "Fitness" and then click on "Shape up". Here you will find a number of different programmes, including one for walking, another for running 10 km, and a cycling one. You can choose which you prefer. These programmes contain both cardiovascular (good for weight loss) and resistance training (for toning the muscles) and so are good overall complete programmes, which is what you want.

The next programme you can check out is the following:

http://www.health24.co.za/specials/buc/buc.start.asp

This is more a weight training, body building programme. I would recommend that first site for your needs, but learn what you can from these programmes too.

1
Posted by: confused | 2004/01/09

i checked out the zone in, and used those exercises as a 'maatstaf', but do not know if i am doing too much of for instance a tricep exercise etc.

Reply to confused