Question
Posted by: Mpume | 2004/10/25

Weight training for women

I'm a 35 year old active female. I go to the gym 6 times to everyday of a week ( i know this is excessive). I do spinning 5 times a week and weight trianing every other day. I'm bored with my routine and would like to change my weight program as it has become boring. I hear that programs for men and women differ and I've been taking mine from a Men's Health. Is this true? I want to have lean defined muscled body, currently I feel I'm getting there too slowly. Can you put me out of my misery?

Mpume

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Mpume,

Yes men's and women's weight training programs most certainly do differ. Ladies can do most anything the men can do with the difference being that your reps need to be much higher. Where a man would complete 8 to 12 reps per set a women must do no less than 15 to 20 reps per set.

Please let me know if you want meto list a new program for you in a new listing and I'll do so.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist