Question
Posted by: Niz | 2008/01/15

Weight Problem

Dear Diet Doc, I am 42 years old active, 1.75m tall, 91kg, blood group O+. Some doctor recommended I get my blood tested to evaluate what I should stop eating. I exercise for 30 minutes a day, my breakfast is furit, oats, lunch is chicken or fish, dinner is similiar to lunch with salads and fruit. Maybe I need to exercise more. Your recommendation please.

Dear Niz
Your present BMI = 29,4 which is in the overweight range. So it would be a good idea if you could lose some weight - to get back into the normal range you would need to weigh 77 kg. I do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. That every person on earth with blood group O needs to cut out carbs, is not logical and also that by doing this you will lose weight. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).

1
Posted by: Dee | 2008/01/16

I am 42 years old, 1.5m tall, 69 Kgs. Not too active, smoker. I do eat properly. Fruit, salad, chicken, meat or fish. Pasta and meat together. Tend to have a lot of sinus problems and always have. My mom is diabetic. I do realise I need to exercise. How do I detox.

Reply to Dee