Question
Posted by: jean | 2007/08/07

weight lost

I started an eating plan on the 27 June, and I was weighting 81.4. I am 25 yrs old, 1.6 m tall and I go to gym 3 - 4 times a weak and I eat healthy.Last week friday 03 Aug, I went to the dietician to weigh myself and I was weighting 76.6. Have I lost enough within 5 weeks? For my age what is my ideal weight?
Thanx
Jean

Dear Jean
Your present BMI = 30, which is still in the overweight range. You have however already lost 4.8 or nearly 5 kg in 5 weeks which is excellent. Although you may feel frustrated that your weight loss is slow, slow and steady weight loss is more effective in the long run and ensures that you keep the lost weight off. To have an ideal BMI of 22 you would need to weigh 51 kg. Do not panic, it may sound a lot of weight to lose, but if you persist with the diet and also continue with the gym (concentrate on doing aerobic exercise which simulates the metabolism) then you will reach your goal. Do things in stages. Aim to lose another 5 kg and then another 5 kg and before you know you will have lost those 25 kg. Rome was also not built in a day.
Hang in there