Question
Posted by: lynx | 2007/12/18

weight loss through yoga or just toning

hey there expert
i have lost quite a lot of weight over the past few months, but now that i have left school and started working a 8-5job i dont have time to work out as much as i used to. i'm scared of picking up again and need som sort of workout to tone up the last little bit and also to keep the unwanted extras off...you know. i would like to know if yoga is something i should consider? and what the effects thereof would be? maybe if you could give me some sort of routine to try out.

i really love to work out and really want to get to gym and stuff but for now i need something i can do at home until i can get to gym and back on my own, you know?
thanx for helping out!!

Expert ImageYoga

Hi Lynx - yoga will very definitely help with toning and increasing muscle density as well as assisting with weight loss (especially if it is one of the more dynamic styles that you chose). There are literally hundreds of different styles and approaches - each with a different focus and some are more physical than others so I suggest you try a few styles before you develop a home routine - for which you can also use a book or DVD. The great thing about yoga is that you don't need any equipment other than yourself (and maybe a mat) and it works the body and mind, reduces stress, increases awareness and confidence, and can even aid in more holistic life elements. So you may start for one reason and develop many more to continue practising...
Chris

2
Posted by: Andriette | 2008/03/13

hi there,
yoga does wonders but do much more with a little bit of cardio so if you can include jogging the reults will show very fast,also try power yoga because it is more intense than hatha but remember to always relax afterwards and a good book is the yoga bible from cna or a dvd from complete yoga.
regards

Reply to Andriette
Posted by: Jade | 2008/02/22

I am suffering with fibromylgia in my legs and back.
Will Yoga assist me with the pains and circulation.

Reply to Jade