Question
Posted by: neil | 2007/03/16

weight loss - the limits

I am a 47 year old man, 5'7" and 45 kg. Tired of lugging around all that weight, a few years back I lived on tea and sugar for 5 weeks in summer and came down to 41 kg. Over the next few years I went back to 45 kg. But I can come down to 40 kg again. Now I wish to aim for a lower weight. My target is 35 kg. Can you suggest a suitable diet and exercise regimen to help me reach this weight?

Dear Neil
I am sure there is something wrong with the weight you have given me. 45 kg and you are 5'7" with a BMI of 15,6, which must make you skin and bone!! Please check the weigh you mention and post another Message on the Message Board, because if you try and reduce down to 35 kg you will be close to death.
So let me know what you do weigh.