Question
Posted by: Bb | 2005/12/05

Weight loss injection

Theres a dietician in my area who is fully booked for at least 3 months because he is dispensing injections which increase your metabolism. Aparently you inject yourself once a day and the weight just drops off. I know someone who reached her goal weight within 2 months of starting this. She stopped the injection and the weight has stayed off.

Has anyone else heard of this / used it? What actually is it? Is it bad for you?

Dear Bb
I doubt that the person in question is a registered dietitian. I have not read any scientific proof that such magic injections make you lose weight. The person in question probably makes his patients use a very-low-energy diet together with these magic injections and it is the low-energy diet that is producing the results.
Please be careful that you don't get hooked on slimming products that can have potentially dangerous side-effects.
Take care

2
Posted by: WANNABE | 2005/12/08

I used it too - mine wasn't a dietician but a GP. It worked and I looked better than ever but gained all my weight again because I didn't stick to the maintenance diet. But it's quite expensive as well.

Reply to WANNABE
Posted by: Thulie | 2005/12/07

i want to loss 25kg.

Reply to Thulie