Question
Posted by: moi | 2004/10/25

weight loss in 6 steps

i read the article about planning your weight loss in 6 steps and one of the steps says you must work out your bmr. i am 1.8m tall, weighing 71kg and im female.im quite active and gym at least 4 times a week. my bmr works out to 1545 and to loose 0.5-1kg a week you must subtract 500 calories from this fugure. that work out to 1045 calories which is about 4389kj. isn't that too few kj a day? i thought you shouldn't eat less than 5000kj a day! please help!
i have just started following the slimming diet with a few changes which i did ask you about (i have added yogurt in the morning and a protein portion in the afternoon) and you said it souned fine but it works out to much more than 4389 kj!!
thanks

Dear Moi
I worked out your BMI = 21,9, which is ideal for your height, so please don't try losing any more weight. You may have made a mistake when calculating your BMR or misunderstood the instructions. The BMR is after all a measure of the amount of energy you require just to keep your body processes ticking over without even walking 2 steps down the passage. The BMR is usually added to the amount of energy you require for physical activity including everyday things like sitting in the office, etc. You then subtract 500 cal from the total of the BMR plus your energy required for activity to obtain the number of calories you need for slimming. Basically as an adult woman this would amount to an average of between 1500 and 1700 cal. In your case, however, I would strongly urge you to NOT to lose more weight as then your BMI would be too low. I did not know that your weight was normal to low when you wrote to me before, so my recommendation is that you can use the diet BUT eat large portions of all the permitted foods so that you do not lose more weight.
Please take care.

1
Posted by: vad | 2004/10/25

sis get a life loosing weight is not everything get a man

Reply to vad