Question
Posted by: kez | 2004/11/14

weight loss for me

i am naturally slim person but have put on weight over the year.i just want to fit into my old jeans and need to lose two kgs.my BMI is 1421 and dont like caliarie counting and not sure how much i must eat and exercise as nothing seems to help. is it possible to reply with a sensible diet plan to follow. i am wheat intolerant. is a blood type diet good for you? as i find it very restricting.

Dear Kez
I think you have calculated your BMI incorrectly, it should be between 18 and 25 (normal range), not 1421. You calculate it by multiplying height in m x height in m and then dividing your weight in kg by the square of your height in metres. For example, if you are 1.6 m tall and weigh 55 kg, then 1.6 x 1.6 = 2,56 and 55 divided by 2,56 = 21,5. In the example, the BMI = 21,5 which indicates that this person's weight is in the normal range and that her BMI is just below the ideal BMI of 22 (for women). If your BMI turns out to be below 22, then you will find it hard to lose those 2 kg as the body resists weight loss when you are already in the normal range and your BMI is close to ideal or below ideal. Seeing that you only have those 2 kg to lose and are wheat intolerant, I would suggest that you use a low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet, BUT use only those carbohydrates that you know do not contain wheat, e.g. rye bread, maize meal, rice, etc), and increase your energy output by doing some regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 min a day.
I am personally not in favour of the blood type diets as I do not believe that they are based on sound scientific theory.

1
Posted by: eve | 2004/11/15

im no expert but if your BMI is 1421 then you are very obese, cos as far as i know a good bmi is between 20-25.
you take your weight and divide that by your height and whatever it equals thats your bmi.

Reply to eve