Question
Posted by: Gideon Visser | 2004/11/16

Weight loss / Fastest way of blood cleansing / Detox

Hi there.

I need to get healthy as fast as possible. I am willing to do whatever it takes and want to do it responsibly. I want do keep going until I'm healthy, but I don't want to die trying.
So I need to know the bare minimum food needed to servive, so to speak.

I'm male. Twenty years of age and not very athletic( I'll live longer that way ). Please keep detoxing and life span in mind.
I would like to know the types of food, uncooked or rare doesn't matter. Give me the fastest way possible, so nothing to enhance taste.

Thank you very much.
Gideon Visser.

Dear Gideon
You will ironically not lose masses of weight if you go on a starvation diet as the body switches off its weight loss systems when faced with starvation. To lose weight need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Weight loss' site, read about every aspect of slimming (Diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects, Detoxing, etc) by surfing on this site.

1
Posted by: Tee | 2004/11/17

Gideon,

Truthfully, there is NO easy way. If you want to detox you can try this for NO more that 4 days!!
Eat fruit, fruit, fruit, and drink plenty of water. This is not dangerous to your body and you will feel soooo energized and refreshed after just 2 days! Raw fruit is better than dried fruit and basically eat as much as you like for breakfast, lunch and supper and as a snack when you feel hungry... But ONLY do this for 3 or 4 days max.

Then to continue your process of getting healthy - stick to a low GI diet! more info on GI and the list of food can be found on this site, under "DIET" then, "WEIGHT LOSS" which is down the left hand side and then "The Right Approach" at the bottom of the page and you will see it says GI or GI of most common foods...
this is an awesome way to get healthy and use up extra KJ's becos these foods contain very low KJ's so your daily chorse will help you burn extra weight. i do however recommend joining a gym or doing some exercises, this WILL make you live longer and increase your metabolism and burn fat faster!!
Even doing sit ups and push ups in the morning and evening for about 20 minutes will bring results! Skipping is also a good way to get fit and shape up. Do it 5 times a week for about 10 minutes!

I know this is purely advice but hey, i know we all need motivation and encouragement sometimes!!
DietDoc should provide more assistance!

i hope i could be of some help to you!!
Good Luck and ALL the Best!!

Reply to Tee