Posted by: Emmie | 2008/08/20

Weight loss battle

I have been trying to lose weight for 2 years with no success whatsoever. I have been to my GP, a dietician and a homeopath and nothing seems to be working. My GP tested me for every possible problem and came up with nothing. I follow the diet the dietician gave me religiously, I walk at least 5km every single day (exept Sundays) and I never, ever cheat. I am about 15kg overweight and I am getting very depressed. What more can I do? I thought that I was doing everything right. I was never overweight before - it happened suddenly 2 years ago after the birth of my son.

Dear Emmie
I can understand that you are getting frustrated and depressed because you don't lose weight despite all your sensible attempts. Did the dr check you insulin and blood glucose levels? if not, you may suffer from insulin resistance, which requires a low-fat, low-glycaemic index (GI) diet. Another approach may be to use Xenical together with a very-low-fat diet to see if this will start you losing weight. Discuss the use of Xenical with your gp as it has to be prescribed by a medical dr. Finally it is possible that depression may be causing your inability to lose weight. If this should be a potential reason then do consult a clinical psychologist to assist you in overcoming the depression.
Holding thumbs that you can pinpoint why you are not losing weight.