Question
Posted by: ADELE | 2007/04/25

WEIGHT LOSS AT 44

I AM 44, I WEIGH 101KG, I NEED SOMEONE TO SEND ME I TRIED AND TRUSTED EATING PLAN THAT I CAN DO FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. I AM OBESE, UNCOMFORTABLE AND NOT VERY MOTIVATED. WE HAVE DIEBETES AND HEART DISEASE IN OUR FAMILY, BEFORE IT STRIKES I'D LIKE TO CHANGE MY EATING STYLE FOR LIFE. I'VE JUST BEEN PUT OFF THE ATKINS DIET WHICH I WAS ABOUT TO EMBARK ON SO PLEASE HELP ME.

Dear Adele
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). If you find it difficult to exercise at present, try swimming or cycling on a stationary cycle. As you lose weight and become more mobile you can also do brisk walking and even skipping.

2
Posted by: Inna | 2007/04/26

Hi Adele.

I also in same position. My weigh is 112. I started weighless, again. I think last time. And i also want to start go to gym.
WeighLess only diet wich is working, you just must be motivated. Lady who is working with me lost 12kg in 3 month time. i also did before, but stop during pregnancy (it was biggers mistake in my life). You can read more in Weight loss forums

Reply to Inna
Posted by: Butterfly | 2007/04/25

Hi Adele,
I am in exact same position..... where do you stay, how would you like to have a chat-buddy to help loose weight?
My mother had huge heart-attack and both my brothers are diabetics, that is why I say we have similar problems.
I am 40 and weigh 95!!
my bmi is 33 :-(

Reply to Butterfly