Question
Posted by: INFO-NEEDED | 2007/08/23

weight loss and memory improvement

I need a specific menu for my daughter who has just turned 6 years old. She is fat and has a big tummy as well. Could you please help me to help her loose that fat and tummy as well. Could you also recommend some diet menus I could try out for her.
Also, I need to know what I could give her to improve her memory as well.

Dear Info-Needed
It is always advisable to consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), for weight loss in small children, because the dietitian will have to work out a diet for your daughter that helps her to lose weight, but still permits her to grow normally. Does your lassie suffer from Attention Deficit Disorder? It is possible that she has ADD, if her memory is not good. If you have not yet had her assessed by a Pediatric Psychiatrist then please do consult such a dr (ask your gp to refer you), because it is important to find out what is impeding her memory (ADD or depression or anxiety, etc). Once you have a diagnosis, we can see what treatment she requires.

1
Posted by: skinnygirl | 2007/08/23

You see how kids develop anorexia, how can you say youe six year old is fat... what kind of a mum are you, just give her time, its probably baby fat and it will go away, but never, ever, ever say that you beautiful daughter is fat.. give her nice juicy fruits that she will love, don't reward her or bribe her with chocolates and other junk, rather take long walks with her or something.... Be a good mum, not judge her...

Reply to skinnygirl