Question
Posted by: Zoe | 2007/03/13

Weight loss and hyothyroidism

Hi Doc,
I have been recently diagnoised with hypothyroidism and have been taking eltroxin for the past four weeks. I am on a weight loss diet and I am still battling to use weight. Is there anything else I can try?

Dear Zoe
It can take up to 3 months for your thyroid function to normalise, so give your body time to adjust. If you want to stimulate your metabolism then do regular exercise for 30 or more minutes a day (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).

1
Posted by: Laetitia | 2007/03/14

Also have hypothyroidism, taking eltroxin for 4 weeks and on Aropax, anti depressant for 5 years. Can I take any diet pill to help me eat less?

Reply to Laetitia