Question
Posted by: Karl | 2008/01/17

Weight loss and Excercise

I am a 45 yr old male 188cm and weigh 96kg. I would like to lose weight. At the moment i do approx 10hrs cycling a week on a mountain bike consuming approx 1300kcal per hour. I am trying the weigh less eating plan but am not sure that it is right. I would also like to calculate the calories i consume and burn. Where can i find a list of calories per item of food, as not all are listed on the packaging

Dear Karl
Your present BMI = 27, 2 which is above the upper level of normal weight. To get back into the normal range you would need to weigh about 85 kg, thus a loss of 11 kg. The Weigh-Less eating plan is an excellent way of losing weight because it is well balanced and contains all the food groups. If you use this eating plan you don't really need to calculate how many calories you ingest and use up. The combination of the Weigh-Less eating plan and plenty of aerobic exercise like the cycling will result in weight loss. If you do want to work out the energy content of your diet, then visit www.sahealthinfo.co.za and go to Nutrition to find tables that include the energy content of foods.

1
Posted by: ZoeM | 2008/10/29

How do you gain weight. I am 50 years old and I weigh 60kg. I need to gain some weight. Please help

Reply to ZoeM