Question
Posted by: sunshine | 2008/01/29

weight loss and contraceptive pills ???

Hi Doc I have been struggling with weight for 4 yrs ,but last year a 'miracle ' happen to me .I have lost 13 kgs within 3 months without lifting a finger or changing my diet ,and I feel great . Im sure u are wondering HOW??well I 'll tell u .It all started with PMS and the gynae Doc recommended the pill .at first I was worried that I was going to put on more weight . I tried the pill -Nordette to be specific and three months along the line I lost 2 dress sizes .I must say I was REALLY SCARED ,so I went for a complete check up .HIV and everything else and it was ALL clear and I didnt have problems or any other stresses either . My Question -could the pill be the Reason why I lost the weight ??cause usually people gain weight when they are on the pill .ANOTHER Question -how does the pill make one lose weight ??I havent gained weight stilll .The down side is that the pill didnt help me much with PMS .IT ONLY helped me with bloating ,but Im HAPPY anyway .YOUR RESPONSE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED and SORRY FOR THE LONG QUESTION .

Dear Sunshine
You must be so thrilled that you have lost 13 kg without even trying. It is well known that the use of female hormone supplements in the form of the contraceptive pill or as hormone replacement therapy can EITHER cause weight gain or weight loss. You are in the lucky group that loses weight when you use these pills. The reasons for this paradoxical finding are difficult to explain but they do have to do with how the woman's body reacts to the various hormones in the pill. For example if you had an imbalance in your oestrogen and/or progesterone levels then correcting these with the pill could influence your basic metabolism and cause the weight loss.

1
Posted by: julesh | 2008/11/10

how do i treat yellow teeth and how to i loose weihgt any pills i can try?i have tryed diet but nothign seem to work.

Reply to julesh