Question
Posted by: LK | 2005/12/13

Weight loss and conceiving

I am seriously overweight and want to have a baby. How safe is is to diet when trying to conceive? I don't want my baby to suffer if I do get pregnant because I am not at a healthy weight. Please advise.

Dear LK
The ideal solution is to consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area.). The dietitian will work out a diet for you that helps you to lose weight but still provides you with all the nutrients you and your baby-to-be require.
Good luck with falling pregnant