Question
Posted by: jo | 2006/07/18

weight loss after giving birth

I'm a mother (26yrs) of a 6 month old baby. Since i gave birth to the baby i'm experiencing weight loss. After birth i was told that i gave birth two weeks later than the due date and that my bones were extended to accomodate the baby.

At the moment i'm undergoing treatment but it seems like i'm going through a weight loss problem to the extend that my parents think i'm HIV positive. They even bought me multivitamin pills but it looks like they are not working.

I was born a slender person and i have never been fat since i was born. I once went to the doctor and he said i do not have enough blood and gave me medication to help me drink enough water. Since i fell pregnant i did blood tests that took away a lot of blood from me, but it looks like i am not recovering my blood easily.

Is it possible that you could give advise on which pills to buy for this condition of mine.

Your response would be highly appreciated.

HI Jo
severe weight loss is not normal - you must let your doctor check your thyroid and do a HIV test if you think you were at risk. I don't think pills will help unless you know what is causing the weight loss. You may also need either a blood transfusion of specific medication to stimulate the blood formation.