Question
Posted by: Mia | 2007/05/11

weight loss after baby

I had a baby about 1,5 years ago. During my pregnancy I ate very healthy and carried on with these habits afterwards. I lost weight after my pregnancy, so much that I'm back to a size 32 after being 34 for a very long time. People around me seem to think it's "going too far", but I'm not on any diets, so I don't think it's a problem. However, I want to make sure that I keep my body healthy. My baby still wakes up at night, which means I'm tired constantly. What can I take (vitamins, etc) to make sure I'm healthy?

Dear Mia
If you were a size 32 before the pregnancy and have managed to return to this size and weight after the birth, this is fine, so please disregard what other people are saying. It's you life after all. If you are eating a healthy balanced diet that contains fresh fruit and vegetables, milk, cheese and yoghurt, wholegrains and cereals, lean meat, plenty of fish (at least 3 times a week), eggs, legumes and poly- or monounsaturated oils (olive or canola oils), then it is not really necessary to take vitamin supplements. If you feel you need something to address your tiredness then you can try taking Supradyn Forte for a month or two. If this does not help, please ask your dr to check if you are not suffering from iron-deficiency anaemia which may require additional treatment.

1
Posted by: lily-rose | 2007/05/14

i work in a emerency and critical care enviroment and have to give the staff tips on health maintaing and promotion of mental and physical health

Reply to lily-rose