Question
Posted by: Beauty | 2008/06/19

weight loss

I need to lose 20kg in the next 8 months. I need to know which food to eat or avoid and what exercise programme to follow?

Dear Beauty
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). This regimen will result in a loss of 0,5 to 1 kg per week or about 4 kg per month, so you should be able to lose those 20 kg in 8 months.